You are here:
Home > Always There
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the creation of Ohio's county board of developmental disabilities (DD) by the Ohio General Assembly on October 25, 1967. To honor this milestone, a statewide campaign- "Always There"- recognizes the continuity of support, promotion of opportunity, and history of partnership offered by county board of DD to people with developmental disabilities and their families.
The campaign is sponsored by the Ohio Association of County Boards of Developmental Disabilities (OACB), a nonprofit organization specializing in providing information, continuing education, and legislative support to Ohio’s 88 county boards of developmental disabilities.
There are many ways for you to join in this momentous celebration:
Participate in the Always There History Project is a growing collection of historically significant milestones and items to help tell the story of developmental disabilities in Ohio throughout the years.
Read stories and be inspired by others who are Always striving to exceed expectations.
Join in promoting the Cuyahoga County Board of DD’s mission by Always supporting and empowering people with developmental disabilities to live, learn, work and play in the community:
- Do you own a business and are in need of trained and talented employees? Hiring people with disabilities enhances your work culture and makes good business sense. Contact the Employment Collaborative of Cuyahoga County to post job openings and learn more about how we partner with local businesses: employmentcollaborative@CuyahogaBDD.org or (216) 931-7348.
- Become a CCBDD volunteer! We have lots of possibilities for you to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities. For more information, click HERE.
- Be sure to make others feel welcome and appreciated out in the community. A simple “hello,” smile or introduction is all it takes to accomplish this. If you want to go the extra mile (which we encourage), offer to lend some assistance- hold a door open, enjoy a conversation or actively include people with disabilities in events and activities. Embrace inclusion.
- Connect with us. Sign-up to receive our monthly e-Newsletter so you can learn more about the talents and gifts of people with developmental disabilities and how CCBDD helps them to make a full and meaningful life- and how you can too!
- Take the time to learn and experience that we are more similar than different.