Major Unusual Incidents (MUI)
Report an MUI
CALL 440-333-6841- Cuyahoga DD operates an MUI intake reporting line for all MUIs. This line is a voice mail and is available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Email UIR@cuyahogabdd.org to submit all UIRs in conjunction with a call placed to the MUI intake reporting line.
Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Verbal Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation, Misappropriation, Peer-to-Peer Act, Accidental, Failure to Report or Suspicious Death and Media Inquiries about an MUI
- Immediately (no later than 4 hours after discovery of the incident or allegation), a call must be made to the MUI intake reporting line.
- By 3:00 PM the next business day, a written Incident Report must be submitted to the Cuyahoga DD MUI Unit. The Incident Report can be faxed (216-736-3399) or emailed to the MUI Unit.
- Reports of physical, sexual, and verbal abuse, neglect, misappropriation, exploitation, failure to report, and peer-to-peer acts that are possible criminal acts must also be reported to law enforcement or the county’s Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS) in addition to a report to the MUI intake reporting line:
- If the victim is 21 years of age or older, law enforcement that has jurisdiction where the incident occurred must be notified.
- If the victim is under the age of 21, DCFS must be notified by calling 216-696-KIDS.
All Other MUIs
All other categories of MUIs must be reported to the MUI intake reporting line as soon as possible but no later than 3:00 PM on the next business day after discovery of the MUI.
A written incident report must be submitted to the CCBDD MUI Unit no later than 3:00 PM next business day after initial discovery of the MUI.
MUI Reviews and Analysis
All Providers must review MUI reports annually for trends and patterns, covering the period of January 1 through December 31 of the previous year. This must be completed by January 30 and the annual reporting form submitted to the Cuyahoga DD by February 28.
Submit your annual report and questions by EMAIL or you can fax your report to 216-736-3399.
- MUI Annual Report for Agencies
- MUI Annual Report for Independent Providers
- Monthly Unusual Incident Log
- Incident Report form
- Incident Witness Report form
- Incident Administrative Report form
Health & Welfare Alerts
All DD employees must review Health & Welfare Alerts released by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities as a part of annual training: