Help people. Change lives.
Help people reach their full potential. Become a Direct Support Professional.
Caring, compassionate people who want to make a positive impact in the lives of adults with developmental disabilities are needed. Direct Support Professional (DSP) job openings are available with many, local residential providers. They'e hiring for all shifts, drop-in supports, and at locations throughout Cuyahoga County. Click on the link below to view details and learn more.
What does a Direct Support Professional (DSP) do?
DSPs help people with developmental disabilities live, learn, work and play in their communities.
DSPs support people where they live by:
- Helping to ensure they are healthy and safe at home;
- Supporting them in their daily living activities such as cooking, cleaning, dressing, and bathing; and
- Assisting them with money management, transportation, and finding and accessing community activities.
DSPs support people during the day by:
- Taking them into the community for volunteer and recreational activities;
- Teaching independence skills and how to be safe in the community;
- Assisting them to try new things and be more involved in the activities and hobbies of their choice; and
- Supporting them in forming relationships with others in the community.
DSPs help people find and keep a job by:
- Assisting them in identifying their talents, interests, goals, and abilities, and supporting them to find a job;
- Working with local businesses to connect employers with candidates with disabilities; and
- Providing on-site training and coaching to assist individuals at their jobs.
Be sure to click on the image below and watch this video and hear Gary LeVox (Rascal Flatts' lead singer) share his experience making a difference in the lives of others.