Criminal Justice Supports
Cuyahoga DD’s forensic liaison unit advances the agency's mission by assisting people with developmental disabilities who become involved in the criminal justice system. This is accomplished by:
- Early identification of people in the criminal justice system;
- Consultation throughout court proceedings;
- Collaboration with individuals, interdisciplinary teams, judges, attorneys, and probation officers;
- Facilitating successful outcomes in parole and/or probation; and
- Re-entry linkages with community-based services.