Request a Presentation
Cuyahoga DD can provide free information and presentations to your school, agency, community group or other audience about supports for people with developmental disabilities available through Cuyahoga DD. Presentation topics include:
- General overview of the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities (Learn how Cuyahoga DD supports people with developmental disabilities from birth through each phase of life. General information will be shared on eligibility, person-centered planning and the Individual Service Plan, range of available supports for people and their families, the role of provider and community-based agencies, and funding for services.)
- The DD Application Process (This presentation provides detailed information on each of the steps related to the application and eligibility processes for Cuyahoga DD supports, often referred to as being “county board eligible.” Attendees will learn what documentation is needed, how and why an assessment is done, and how to access help throughout this process.)
- Inclusion 101- Tips for interacting with and including people with developmental disabilities (Inclusion begins with you. Hear from Cuyahoga DD’s Good Life Ambassadors, advocates with disabilities, who educate and inspire others on how best to interact with and be intentionally inclusive of people with disabilities. Strategies will be shared for inclusion in schools, in the competitive workforce and in the community.)
- Preparing for Employment and Adulthood (Beginning at age 14, students are encouraged to start planning for employment and/or adulthood. Cuyahoga DD can assist with this planning and help students become or remain eligible for Cuyahoga DD supports. Information will be shared on Ohio’s Employment First initiative, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, and other transition supports.)
- Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services Waivers and Role of the Support Administrator (Enrolling in a waiver is one way to access person-centered services. Learn the latest information on waivers, including changes to the wait list and the common state assessment being used to better understand a person’s current or immediate needs. Explore other ways Cuyahoga DD can help address needs with non-waiver funding and community resources.)
- Creating Sensory-Friendly Environments (Many agencies and assets in the community realize that a sensory-friendly environment benefits people of all ages and abilities. Cuyahoga DD therapists can visit your agency and make recommendations on how space, lighting, sound and other factors can be altered to benefit those with sensory challenges.)
- Overview of the Family Supports Program (Cuyahoga DD appreciates and is committed to helping all families who care for their loved ones with a developmental disability in their homes. The Family Supports Program provides an annual allotment of funding for families to use on goods and services that benefit their loved one. Examples include: respite care, camp assistance, home modifications, and more. Learn how to access this program and the wide range of available goods and services.)
Program topics can be modified to meet time constraints and requestor/audience preferences.
Please complete the Community Presentation Request form below if you would like to schedule a presentation. We request that you make requests at least four (4) weeks in advance. You will be contacted upon receipt of this form.